Virtual Skill testing + Virtual Laboratory Experience + Links to Top Theory Sites = Best Free Online VLS.
I provide a reading list for each topic that a student can use to learn the relevant subject matter. This site and my virtual electronics kits test your electronics skill. My digital simulations create screens of data in binary format that show the status of my virtual computer and many digital circuits.
My Free Downloads
Charge , Fields, Voltage, Current, and Beams
1. Current flows in the direction of E field. That is it flows from positive to negative potential.
2. Current normally flows in the direction of arrows on transistors and diode symbols.
3. Current in wire and resistors is due solely to electron flow.
4. Current in transistor and diodes is due to hole flow (positively charged molecules)
5. Positive charged particles flow in the direction of current and E fields.
6. Negative charged particles flow in opposite direction of current or E fields.
7. The EMF of a battery forces positive ions to move to the positive plate of a battery
8. The EMF of a battery forces negative ions to move to the negative plate of a battery.
9. If a wire or resistor is placed between the terminals of battery electrons will flow from the negative to the positive terminal. (Which is in the opposite direction of conventional current flow.)
10.0. Holes (positively charged molecules) in silicon crystal lattice carry charge in semiconductors and move in direction of current. Current is in the direction of E field. Current direction is indicated by direction of arrow on transistor or diode symbol. The arrow points in the direction conventional current. Electrons flow in the opposite direction of arrow.
If you had trouble understanding this page you may want to read lecture text before proceeding to next lecture.
To get quick overview of my course go Radio Slide Show and download Audio Version of Electronic Concepts and sit back and listen 40 minute lecture covering the analog portion of my WEB.
Reading Assignment (Links) Below:
Read Site Linker 6 Read "What is Charge" thru "Batteries"
Read Site Linker 23 Read topic current and Charge
Read Site Linker 77 Electromagnetism
Read Site Linker 178 Introduction to Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry
FREE: Click on Practical Electronic for Inventors below and then click "Look Inside" and read pages 5-34 for free.
Electronics, Physics, Mathematics for the vocational student: Tutorial provides unique non-engineering, calculus free technical education. Click here to see all our publications